At all costs, your little ones must have a Christian Education.
4 Reasons Education must be decidedly Christian.
First, the realities of life demand Christian Education.
- If the Bible is true,
- If Jehovah has a Son,
- If Jesus Christ is the King,
- If our world is full of sin and misery and confusion and lies,
- If death is coming for everyone,
- If there is a final day of judgment,
- If there is a Lake of Fire,
- If the Book of Life is in Heaven,
- If the words of this Book have the way to salvation,
- And if our children have souls that will never die,
- Then our children must be trained for these things, and this is called Christian Education.
Second, the soul of your child will live forever either in Heaven or in Hell. The goal of education could be phrased as forming the soul of a child. The formation of the soul is an act of religion.
Third, the immense cost and resources of education are a stewardship that no Christian can make without being guided by Scripture. 20% of South Africa’s budget is spent on education—R360 billion for one year.
Fourth, false teachers and fools are uniquely attracted to the education field.
- Science: Evolution “millions of years…”
- Economics and history: Marxism “The story of the world is the rich against the poor…”
- History and geography: Multiculturalism “All cultures are beautiful.”
7 Benefits of a Christian education
- Your child can find his way to Heaven and eternal happiness.
- Your child can discover truth about God who is the Fountain of everything good.
- Your child can prepare for a happy family life in the future.
- Your child can be vaccinated against many false doctrines.
- Your child can connect everything in the world.
- Your child can protect himself from backsliding.
- Your child can lay the foundation for generational godliness.
4 Methods to Obtain a Christian Education
- Family: Through a true Christian home.
“Fathers, bring them up…” (Eph. 6:4). In the Bible, the Fathers are consistently told to train their own children. See also, Psalm 78:5; Deut. 4:9; 1 Cor. 14:34.
Mothers: “so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.…” Titus 1:4-5
The Christian home has:
- One man who works hard.
- He loves one woman.
- He is the head of his home.
- He serves the family with humility and joy.
- One woman who builds up her home.
- She devotes herself to her husband and children.
- They read the Bible and pray each night.
- They talk to each other about the most important things.
We have lost the Christian home!
2. Classical Education: By learning to use our minds the way God intends us to use our minds.
Children must learn the laws of words (Grammar).
Children must learn the laws of thoughts (Logic).
Children must learn the laws of speech (Rhetoric).
3. Books: By learning to read the best of books.
First, all children must be educated to read the best book, the Bible.
Second, children must be educated to follow the Great Conversation. This is the collection of the best books over the past 3,000 years.
4. Character: By forming the soul to virtue
Honesty not lying
Hard work not laziness
Kindness not selfishness
Submission not willfulness
Perseverance not weakness
Happiness not sullen
Fathers must make sure they use these methods. It is possible to delegate this to a school. It is possible to handle this in the home. It is possible that the church can help. But however you situation works, your children must be trained like Christians.
If your little baby grew up and went to prison at 22 for murder, how much would you pay to turn back the time and change him? If you heard the screams of your child as angels took him to the door of Hell, how much would you pay to go back and teach him? How much would you pay for your child’s soul?
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26
Miseve Classical School was formed for your child to have all these benefits. You could not pay enough to get these things. But by grace, your little village and your little child have been given the chance to grasp a Christian Education.