One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
- When the Church Falls in Love with the World: A Review of W. S. Harris’ MR. WORLD AND MISS CHURCH MEMBER
- Unknown, Yet Greatly Used~ The Lives of George and Sarah Boardman
- The Godly Use of a Bad Attitude
- Critical Race Theory at Central Baptist Theological Seminary
- 8 Reasons People Attend False Churches
Book Reviewsby Daryl WinerdThe argument is tight and convincing. 9/10
I could wish that they had dealt with Rom. 7:2-3 in its own chapter. Also, the syllogism of Eph. 5:25:
1. A husband must be like Jesus Christ.
2. Jesus Christ never divorces His wife.
Conclus…Though he ought to have loved his wife by listening and asking better questions, Sir Percy took risks in a noble cause and devoted his life to preserving the lives of others.by Tim MarshallGeography heavily influences the politics and economies of the world’s nations.
An interesting and perhaps important book which educates the citizen to vital factors about the region and country to which he is obligated to vote, pray, …by John BunyanPerhaps the greatest book ever written outside the Bible.
For its glorious and compelling presentation of Christ as well as intensity that comes straight from Scripture, this book deserves more honor than Pilgrim’s Progress.
1….Feminism is one more wave of attack on Western culture. 7/10.
Category Archives: Pastoral
In the past, I have listed the arguments for divorce and against divorce. If you are not familiar with the debate or arguments, then please read those posts. This morning I finished reading Daryl Wingerd’s excellent Divorce and Remarriage: A … Continue reading
To the government or king Doeg the Edomite obeys the king to murder 85 men (1 Sam. 22:18-19). The men of Keilah would have obeyed the king by delivering up David after he had just saved them (1 Sam. 23:12). … Continue reading
Against government Shiphrah and Puah disobey the Egyptian government (Ex. 1:17). Moses disobeyed the Egyptians government when he defended the cruel taskmaster (Ex. 2:11-12; cf. Heb. 11:24-27). Moses disobeyed the Pharaoh by sending the plagues (Ex. 5-10). Rahab disobeyed the … Continue reading
If your only spiritual concerns deal with the propositions surrounding Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, you have spiritual eye problems. Some think themselves particularly far-seeing because on top of doctrines like atonement and inerrancy, they also care about election and … Continue reading
6. Money that is printed by governments without gold or other wealth behind it is theft. “You shall not steal.” These words seem very simple, but they imply private property, ownership, and even a work ethic. They strictly forbid not … Continue reading
2. Plagues are divinely ordained and sent by God. Lev. 26:21 If then, you act with hostility against Me and are unwilling to obey Me, I will increase the plague on you seven times according to your sins. Exodus 7-11 … Continue reading
In Dec. 2019, in Wuhan China, a new disease was identified that attacks the lungs making breathing very difficult. Within 3 months, it had spread to 180 countries with approximately 250,000 cases. COVID-19 (Corona Virus Disease 2019) currently has a … Continue reading
Recently, I received a text message with 12 types of pastors in Africa. But the list needed to be reorganized and reduced a little. Here are the seven most common pastors I have seen these days. 1. The Illogical Pastor … Continue reading
1 God is the first worker. 1 God’s work requires mental activity and planning. 1 Completed work pleased God. 1 As a worker, God is detail-oriented. 1:28 Work came before sin. 1:28 Man is given authority and responsibility to control … Continue reading