Choose one of these questions to try this week. I commonly use this list in evangelism. Yes, you may notice the influence of D. James Kennedy, John Van Gelderen, and Ray Comfort.
Getting to the Gospel
1. If you were to die right now or in 5 years, are you 100% sure that all your sins are forgiven and that you have a home in Heaven?
2. If you stood in front of God and He asked you, “Why should I let YOU into my Heaven?” what answer could you give Him?
3. What do you think a person must do to have eternal life?
4. When did you become a Christian?
5. May I tell you how I became a Christian?
Giving the Gospel
6. Do you think you are a good person?
7. Can I ask you some questions to see if you are?
8. Have you ever lied? Stolen? Gotten angry? Looked with lust? Used God’s name in a flippant way?
9. Would God be a righteous God if he overlooked your crimes against the Bible’s laws?
10. Now that you understand what the Bible says about sin and Hell, according to the Bible, if you died right now, where would you go?
11. Are you concerned about that?
12. Why did Jesus die on the cross? Is there anything left that we can pay for by good works?
13. If we call on the name of the Lord what does He promise to save us from?
Calling for a Decision
14. Are you ready to follow Jesus now, or do you need some time to think about it?
15. Is there anything that is holding you back from repenting of your sin right now?
16. Did you, just now, repent of your sins and believe in Jesus Christ to save you from your sins?
17. If you had died last month before settling your heart to follow Jesus, where would you have gone?
18. If you die while trusting in Christ, where will you go?