One of Carey’s Many Sons
Striving for true doctrine, right action, and spiritual feeling amidst the mine fields on all sides.
Stay up to Date
Looking for Something?
Top Posts & Pages
- Multiculturalism, Part 5: Directions for Dealing with the Influence of False Religion
- Multiculturalism, Part 4: Is It a Sin to Learn About False Religions?
- Multiculturalism, Part 3: God’s Evaluation of the Cultures of the World
- Multiculturalism, Part 2: What Is the Source of Culture?
- Multiculturalism, Part 1: The Prophet Jeremiah on the Cultures of the World
Tag Archives: Prosperity gospel
Tshifhiwa Irene, pastor and public speaker for Divine Truth World Restoration Services for World Peace by Jesus Christ in Limpopo Province, passed away on 24 October around 5 am. Having been to her church and seen her in action, the … Continue reading
Not five meters from where I was sitting on the front row, I heard an African pastor shout, “Command it [money] into your bank account!” The scene is fresh in my mind since I just returned this evening. Here are … Continue reading
Be sure to read the text on the pictures. And then… Is there any difference between the prosperity gospel and witchcraft? When you pray for missionaries and churchplanters in the rural areas of Africa, these are the … Continue reading
For an entire year a young man I’ll call Brian came to hear the Bible preaching in the “Blue Prison” section of Kuthama Correctional Facility, a maximum security prison where he is serving a life sentence for murder. Every Tuesday, … Continue reading
1. On the definition of Christianity We affirm that the Biblical gospel may be summarized as the message that Christ died to save us from the wrath of God. We deny that the Biblical gospel may be summarized as the … Continue reading
The worst of American revivalism and the worst of African showmanship all for the shockingly low price of R50.Notice the art: Heavy make up for an African Tammy Baker, flashy dresses, Tsonga dancing, the dynamic “man of God,” and the … Continue reading
A few weeks back, I attended a pastors’ conference in South Africa where one of the speakers described Africa’s Christianity with the words “vital” and “explosion.” May I present just one of many examples of Africa’s vital explosion? T. B. … Continue reading
Even though the speaker is using Venda, you can figure out the gist of the message pretty easily. This happened at a village in our district. On the ground at everyone’s feet are South African Rands. The pastrix (Thanks Ken … Continue reading
Here’s a testimony from Sean DeMars about the prosperity gospel. Like spiritual dessert. Journal : A “Gospel” that Almost Killed Me | 9Marks.
First of all, I would like to publicly take my stand obeying texts like Romans 16:17 to mark and avoid those who change the gospel. That is an entire category of texts, not just an isolated example. Paul says similar … Continue reading